Set up your meter correctly and have all the materials you will need ready before you begin testing. This including your FiggHealth Smart meter, the FiggHealth test strips and FiggHealth Safety Lancets.
1. Wash and dry your hands well before testing.
2. Remove a test strip from the test strip vial (or the foil pouch). Tightly close the vial cap immediately after you have removed the test strip.
3. Insert the test strip into the meter in the direction of the arrows. Meter turns on after a beep.
4. A symbol with a test strip with a flashing blood will appear letting you know the meter is ready to test.
Check the expiration and discard dates on the test strip vial. All expiration dates are printed in Year-Month format. 2019/01 indicates January, 2019. Your FiggHealth test strips have 4 months shelf life after you first open the test strip vial. Write the discard date on the vial label when you first open it. Make sure the test strip does not appear damaged. Prior to testing, wipe the test site with an alcohol swab or soapy water. Use warm water wash hands to increase blood flow if necessary. Then dry your hands and the test site thoroughly. Make sure there is no cream or lotion on the test site
Here is an example of how to use a FiggHealth Safety Lancet for fingertip blood sampling. If you use a different single-use auto-disabling safety lancet or lancing device, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions
1. Carefully rotate and pull off the protective cap. Avoid placing your thumb or fingers over the uncapped end of the safety lancet.
2. Hold the safety lancet against the puncture site. Note: Before using a single-use auto-disabling safety lancet for blood sampling, wash both hands with soap and warm water and disinfect the puncture site with a topical skin antiseptic such as an alcohol swab.
3. Gently press the safety lancet against the puncture site to lance the skin. Listen for an audible click. This indicates that the safety feature of the device has been activated. Dispose of the lancet in an appropriate biohazard sharps container. Please see the Caution Statement.
4. Gently massage from the surrounding area toward the puncture site volume. to collect the required blood
For the greatest reduction in pain, lance on the sides of the fingertips. Rotation of sites is recommended epeated punctures in the same spot can make fingers sore and callused.
5. Immediately touch the tip of the test strip to the drop of blood. The blood pulled into the test strip through the tip. Make sure that the blood sample has been fully filled the check window on the strip tip. Hold the tip of the test strip in the blood drop until the meter beeps.
If the blood sample does not fill the check window, do not add a second drop. Discard the test strip and start over with a new test strip.
6. The meter counts down 5 seconds and your result appears on the display after a beep. The test result will automatically be stored in the meter memory. Please do not touch the test strip during the countdown as this may result in an error.
You can discard the used test strip by hand. The Meter turns off automatically after a beep.
If your blood glucose result does not match how you feel, please:
After checking all of the conditions listed above, repeat the test with a new test strip. If you are still unsure of the problem, please contact FiggHealth Customer Support at :1-800-391-2802, Or visited our website figg.health for help.